Answers to your questions on nutrition and supplements.
Top Nutrition Articles
New: Everything you need to know about whey protein
Do you use whey protein? Then you need our Definitive Guide to Whey Protein.
Newly released and over 25% off until Sunday night, our guide will help you choose the best whey protein for you.
All Nutrition Articles
- APRIL FOOLS: Introducing Re-Brain and our new Supplement Catalogue
- APRIL FOOLS: Introducing ... Adamantium Bone Broth™
- APRIL FOOLS: Follow Your Gut Feeling
- APRIL FOOLS: We have a new course: master the skills we use every day
- Are there health benefits to a low carb diet?
- Are energy drinks bad for you?
- Are eggs healthy?
- Are cast iron pans unsafe?
- Acacia rigidula, BMPEA and your supplements
- Artificial sweeteners - Is the evidence as sweet as these substitutes?
- A compound from beer may help fat loss
- An Update On Kombucha: Understanding Risk and Evaluating Toxicity
- A non-traditional use for probiotics: illness in athletes
- Ashwagandha benefits for men
- APRIL FOOLS: Study finds that consuming hand-picked cherries improves mental health by over 9,000%
- Are vitamin C supplements bad for your teeth?
- A whole bunch of user requests (and immunity support!)
- A Plethora of Updates
- Are nitrates from beetroot and processed meats the same thing?
- A whole lot of references
- As a female, does orgasm affect my health?
- A note on P450
- A note on AMPK
- A note on digestive inhibition
- Can vitamin D cure depression?
- Can creatine increase your testosterone levels?
- Changes to the Herbal Entries
- Can one binge make you fat?
- Can supplemental vitamin D improve sleep?
- Can I eat flax seeds instead of fish or fish oil for omega 3s?
- Can cutting out FODMAPs cut out IBS symptoms?
- Can arachidonic acid work as a bodybuilding supplement?
- Celebrating 5 years of being the trustworthy source on nutrition and supplementation
- Combining citrulline with glutathione could PUMP YOU UP
- Could fasting help treat MS symptoms?
- Cranberry juice for UTIs: natural remedy or old wives’ tale?
- Coconut water ... overhyped and understudied?
- Can eating too much protein be bad for you?
- Can vitamin D-crease pain?
- Carbs, Fats, and Carbs plus Fats
- Can you lose weight by turning down the heater?
- Can drinking wine really replace exercise?
- Carbohydrates for marathoners
- Chocolate and all of its benefits
- Can creatine cause cancer?
- Can autism be helped by gluten-free, casein-free diets?
- Can food have negative calories?
- Can you boost your flu shot with prebiotics and probiotics?
- Creatine and SAMe
- Chocolate Candy and its Lack of Association with Obesity
- Christmas comes early
- Cognition, Depression, and PMS
- Can you be Healthy and Obese?
- Can hypothyroidism lead to fat gain?
- Caloric restriction under the guise of weight-loss herbs
- Citations up to our waist
- Chinese Medicine
- Can I take something to alleviate premenstrual symptoms?
- Does vitamin C improve blood sugar control?
- Does creatine cause hair loss?
- Do you need to detox?
- Does ashwagandha increase testosterone?
- Does dark chocolate’s epicatechin content promote muscle growth?
- Do I need to supplement Vitamin D if I drink fortified milk?
- Does eating fat make you fat?
- Does diet soda cause strokes and dementia?
- Don't fall into the "is this food healthy or unhealthy?" trap
- Does dark chocolate help improve your eyesight?
- Do probiotics improve quality of life in seasonal allergies?
- Do muscle building supplements cause testicular cancer?
- Does marijuana actually boost creativity?
- Does green tea inhibit nutrient uptake?
- Does high-protein intake help when dieting?
- Do I need to cycle caffeine?
- Does eating a higher carb diet make you more full?
- Does diet soda inhibit fat loss?
- Does gluten make you fat?
- Do MCTs or CLA help with appetite reduction?
- Does caffeine counteract creatine?
- Do you need to cycle creatine?
- Do I need to load creatine?
- Does creatine benefit elite athletes?
- Do B vitamins increase the risk of getting cancer?
- Does Garcinia Cambogia help with weight loss?
- Does fish oil actually help heart health?
- Does red meat cause cancer?
- Do high-carbohydrate diets increase the risk of death?
- Does chewing gum offer any health benefits?
- Does “low-carb” have an official definition?
- Do I need to eat six times a day to keep my metabolism high?
- Does fast food make the immune system more aggressive in the long term?
- Does ejaculation affect testosterone levels?
- Did you know that sugary fruits could help regulate... blood sugar?
- Does Nutella cause cancer? A deeper look.
- Does daily weighing help you lose weight?
- Does vinegar increase metabolism?
- Does eating at night make it more likely to gain weight?
- Does dairy cause acne?
- Does metabolism vary between two people?
- Does ZMA cause weird dreams?
- Do I need to cycle ephedrine?
- Do herbal aphrodisiacs work?
- Does aspartame increase appetite?
- Does aspartame cause headaches?
- Dietary Supplements for Body Composition: Here is the evidence
- Does resistance training work for the elderly?
- Do artificial sweeteners spike insulin?
- Do oral contraceptives affect a woman's metabolism?
- Four Testosterone Boosters and Sketchy Research
- Fact check: does glutamine build muscle?
- Five reasons why you need the Examine.com Fitness Guide
- Fermented foods, neuroticism, and social anxiety
- Fructose vs Glucose vs HFCS
- Fish Oil and your Prostate
- Fact check: Is boxed macaroni and cheese actually toxic?
- Fish oil incorporation: where do other fats fit in?
- Functional Food Roundup
- Food Product Update
- Fish Oil and Major Cardiac Events - Meta-Analysis
- Forms of Supplements
- How much protein do you need per day?
- How much protein can you eat in one sitting?
- How can you assess protein quality?
- How much caffeine is too much?
- How can you increase testosterone naturally?
- Heart and Cold Updates
- How do I get a six-pack?
- How important is sleep?
- How can I make red meat healthier?
- How much protein do you need after exercise?
- How to win friends and influence people (using nutrition research)
- How do I increase insulin sensitivity?
- How eating better can make you happier
- High-Protein Diets Linked to Cancer: Should You Be Concerned?
- How the food industry spins science to fit its agenda
- How does protein affect weight loss?
- How does caffeine work in your brain?
- How to minimize fat gain during the holidays
- How harmful are processed foods?
- How much fat do I need to absorb vitamin D?
- How can I safely consume seaweed?
- How to avoid clickbait on nutrition studies
- How are carbohydrates converted into fat deposits?
- How do I stay out of "starvation mode?"
- HAMLET and Whey
- How valid is BMI as a measure of health and obesity?
- How do I lose fat around my belly?
- How do I calculate my metabolism?
- How can I best ensure cardiovascular health and longevity?
- Is soy good or bad for you?
- Is diet soda bad for you?
- Is it really that bad to skip breakfast?
- Is creatine safe for your kidneys?
- Is my “slow metabolism” stalling my weight loss?
- Is creatine safe?
- Is It Time to Sound the Alarm on Artificial Sweeteners?
- Is low-carb really the best weight loss diet?
- If you're serious about nutrition, ERD is a must-have
- Is there a difference between fresh, frozen, and canned vegetables?
- I'm not too tired to stuff my face
- Is saturated fat bad for your health?
- Is exercise enough to improve metabolic syndrome?
- Is creatine a steroid?
- Investigating a progression of carb and saturated fat intakes
- Is it better to do aerobic exercise fasted?
- Is bagged lettuce worth the safety risk?
- Is MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) bad for your health?
- Is processed meat bad for me?
- Is high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) worse than sugar?
- I get by with a little help from my friends: probiotics and depression
- Is semen high in protein?
- I am a female. Will lifting heavy weights make me bulky?
- Isolating a tobacco alkaloid from its source
- Is whole wheat bread better than white bread?
- I have lost significant weight and now have loose skin. How can I tighten up my skin?
- Is weight lifting bad for kids?
- Is sugar more filling than HFCS?
- Media Sensationalism: Eggs May Raise Heart Risk
- Media Darlings and Even More Herbs
- Media Sensationalism: Meat is Bad for your Heart
- Measuring body fat percentage: It's an accuracy thing
- My muscles are not sore after a workout. Am I working out hard enough?
- Molybdenum: To supplement or not to supplement?
- Microbiome, antioxidants, and more: ERD #2 is out!
- More Nootropics: Racetams and Glycinergics
- More updates
- Not all clickbait is obvious — here’s how to protect yourself from sneaky nutrition misinformation
- Nutrition research has a problem: fit women are severely underrepresented
- Not-so-safe supplements
- New! Introducing BPC-157
- Now Over 27,500 References
- New round of herbal updates
- Nootropics and an Upcoming Vitamin Supplement
- Nitric Oxide Supplements (and a surprising neurotransmitter)
- Numerous Delicious Updates
- Nutrient Synergy
- Nutrient Synergism and consideration for Supplementation
- Should you take a multivitamin?
- Supplementing for better joint health
- Surprise! You might not be as fit as you think …
- Stepping up weight loss: Can walking help dieters shed fat?
- See an interesting study? Let us know about it.
- Should 1000 IU be the new RDA for vitamin D?
- Scientists found that red meat causes cancer ... or did they?
- Scientific Research and our Article in the Guardian
- Stack Guides FAQ
- Should you supplement with vitamin K?
- Should one gram per pound be the new RDA for bodybuilders?
- Soylent is made from hype
- Supplements that could help rev up your libido
- Sunshine and Sweet Treats
- Steak with a side of Broccoli and Rice
- Somewhat important update
- Supplemental Therapy? Mushrooms and Recovery
- Sporadic updates
- Should I take Fish Oil if I am sick?
- Sporadic updates to vitamin and minerals
- Supplements and Aging
- The top 19 nutrition myths of 2019
- Ten tips for better sleep
- The science behind munchies: cannabis and your appetite
- The lowdown on intermittent fasting
- The skinny on the trans fat ban
- The downsides of caffeine intake
- The Truth about Vitamin D
- Throwdown: plant vs. animal protein for type 2 diabetes
- The science behind caffeine
- The Unbiased Truth about Marijuana
- The best diet is the one you can stick to
- The effects of cinnamon on blood sugar levels
- The chocolate fountain of youth
- Two cardiac health herbs and an update
- Testosterone Boosters and not losing your hair from them
- Uva Ursi: Can a sip of this tea can keep infections at bay?
- Updates: lysine and vitamins B1, B6, B12, and C
- Unlock Your Health Goals with Supplementation
- Update: Iron Supplementation
- Updates: potassium, green tea, psyllium, and cholinergics
- Updates: BCAAs and ALA
- Update: Green Tea Catechins
- Updates as good as our new layout
- Updates for the Week of Now
- When should I take Vitamin D?
- Why do my muscles get sore?
- Why you shouldn't be always taking antioxidants, especially if you want to build muscle
- What should you eat for weight loss?
- Which supplements can help against colds and the flu?
- What is creatine nitrate?
- What have we learned about nutrition in the past 5 years?
- Will my breasts shrink if I lift weights?
- What beneficial compounds are primarily found in animal products?
- What is the difference between high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) and sugar?
- Will eating eggs increase my cholesterol?
- We've Solved Supplement Confusion
- Will carbs make me fat?
- What are the basic supplements to take to be healthy?
- We're Four Years Old Now...
- We've Solved 90% of Supplement Confusion
- Will doing chest exercises make my breasts look "perkier?"
- What is the best form of creatine?
- Whey Protein and Efficiency
- When should I take creatine?
- What happens if I go off of creatine?
- Whey vs soy protein: which is better when losing weight?
- Why do hangovers happen and what can you do about them?
- What beneficial compounds are primarily found in vegetables?
- Where do cravings come from?
- What If There Were No Dietary Guidelines?
- We're hiring!
- Why does Examine.com try so hard to stay objective?
- What is IIFYM?
- What is actually in my herbal supplement?
- What source of choline should I use?
- What are flavones, catechins, anthocyanins, and those healthy plant compounds?
- What are the benefits of resistance training?
- What is 'roid rage'?
- Weekly Update: the Panax Ginseng Edition
- What is Adrenal Fatigue?
- What supplement or food changes are recommended for pregnant or expecting women?
- What is GOMAD?
- Will lifting weights convert my fat into muscle?
- Will my breasts shrink with weight loss?
- Week of August 28th to September 3rd
0 - 9
- 5 little-known facts about protein
- 8 things I've learned over 8 years
- 5 slam dunk reasons you need ERD if you want to stay current on the latest nutrition research
- 4 science-based “superfoods” you should consider eating
- 5 supplements (and foods) for a stronger heart
- 5 nutrients that could lift your mood
- 3 Science-based steps to curbing your appetite
- 21 of the best arguments for and against coconut oil
- 5 key nutrition lessons we learned in 2016
- 2017 Annual letter to Examine.com readers
- 1 Million Strong